Wednesday 12 September 2012

I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Tonight I have been searching for something that I couldn't find. I thought I knew where I had put it...but apparently not! What it was is irrelevant, because I found some of my notebooks, and I thought I would share a couple of poems with you.

Would Like To Meet

Thank you for your message,
I'm pleased you like my 'pics'.
I've only just joined up here
And so far it's been quite....
An experience.

Yes, I'm into music
With quite eclectic taste -
You want to see more photos,
To see more than just my face?

First please tell me some more
About the things you do -
I don't want to see your six pack,
I'm not interested, thank you.

There'll be no naked photos
I'm not looking for that.
I've got a degree (I've got three),
A few kids, and some cats.

Sorry if that puts you off,
I'm not sure that we're matched.
I'm looking for intelligence
And opposites don't attract.


Digital

Love used to be kept in a box
Under the bed.
A strip of photographs,
Four white-bordered squares,
Photo booth fun with someone.
Me, looking younger,
Smiling. In love.

Now love is digitalised,
Trapped in a hard drive.
Messages on phone screens
For a month and then
Lost.
Our photographs never printed,
Never touched.

Then, when love is gone,
We click 'delete'
And move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment